The Courage is Contagious Award is awarded annually at the Justice For Women Lecture to an outstanding woman leader who:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the Justice For Women Lecture Series to raise awareness in Maine about the injustices women and girls face globally and locally.
- Has achieved the highest level of professional excellence and is dedicated to empowering women to realize their full leadership potential.
- Has created lasting impact in our community through her work, time, talent, and/or resources.
- Reinforces and models policies, practices, attitudes, and/or actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all.
- Has fostered connections with Maine’s diverse communities to empower their collective voices.
- 2017: Janine L. Roberts, Westbrook Chief of Police (pictured above with Zainah Anwar)
- 2016: Catherine Lee, Lee International