Please email email@example.com with questions. The Garbrecht Law Library Circulation Desk is located on the lower level in the Law School building. Items in the library collection have limited circulation. Primary law materials, reference, and reserve items may not be removed from the library. The circulation period for other materials is determined by your relationship to the law school.
Borrowing from the Law Library
All current University of Maine System cards are accepted.
Most Library materials may not leave the law school building.
Community borrowers must first complete a patron registration form and obtain a Library Card.
Borrowed materials are subject to recall at any time.
- Maine Law Students
- Maine Law Faculty & Staff
- USM Faculty
- University of Maine Students
- Community Borrowers
University of Maine Law Students
Special Reserve/Current Periodicals
IN-HOUSE USE ONLY — SAME DAY LOAN
All material is due back at the end of the day on which it is borrowed.
May be checked out for use at a student study carrel.
IN-HOUSE USE ONLY — 4-Hour Loan
IN-HOUSE USE ONLY — 24-Hour Loan
University of Maine Law Faculty and Staff
University of Southern Maine Faculty
Students from the University of Maine System
General Treatises — 3 WEEK LOAN with one (1) renewal. Community borrowers must provide Maine identification to obtain a library card before borrowing any library materials.
Library cardholders may renew borrowed materials online. All material may be renewed except for reserve materials and materials on which you owe fines. Materials are subject to recall at any time.
- Log in to My Library Account.
- If not the default view, select “Items currently checked out” to view the materials you have checked out.
- Select the materials you want to renew by checking the boxes in the “RENEW” column and then click the “Renew Selected” button. If you want to renew everything, click the “Renew ALL” button.
- If you cannot renew items, a message will appear on the screen. If you are successful, a new due date will appear in the “STATUS” column. Always check the “STATUS” column for information on the success or failure of your renewal.
Borrowing from other Maine Libraries
When you need material held by another library in Maine, use the Request hyperlink located on the page in URSUS or the Request This Item hyperlink in MaineCat.
For material not available through URSUS and MaineCat, Garbrecht Law Library provides interlibrary loan service for University of Maine Law School students, faculty, staff and members of the legal community. Borrowing items from outside the URSUS/MaineCat system can take 2-4 weeks to complete, so please plan accordingly to allow for processing time.