Donald L. Garbrecht Law Library
Law Library Student Staff
Our student employees are valued members of the library team who play a crucial role in circulation and technical services.
Students field patron questions, check library materials in and out, perform stack maintenance, and provide photocopying assistance. Additional responsibilities include complex loose-leaf filing, assisting with interlibrary loan, bibliographic searching, and occasional clerical tasks such as invoice processing and photocopying. Students may also assist in ordering, receiving and processing library materials, in database maintenance, inventory control, and bindery preparation and receipt. Others duties assigned as needed.
Patron Services Manager and Reference or Technical Services Librarians.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Communicates well with students, faculty, staff, and the public
- Familiar with operating standard office equipment, including landline telephone
- Able to physically move heavy library materials
- Maintains confidentiality
- Excels at public service
- Reliably keeps scheduled hours
- Performs detailed tasks accurately and consistently
- High degree of attention to detail and organization
- Uses good judgment and works independently
- Cheerfully follows instructions
- Maintains good attitude and gets along well with others
Ability to quickly learn –
- Library of Congress (LC) classification system
- Stack maintenance (shelving, shelf-reading, retrieving and relocating library materials)
- Integrated library system (ILS) software
- Interlibrary loan