New jobs, awards and promotions for several Maine Law alums
Jan. 17, 2014
PORTLAND, Maine – University of Maine School of Law alumni are on the move. Here is a roundup of some recent news.
- The Hon. George N. Bowden, ’74, was honored as the drug court Judge of the Year for the State of Washington at a statewide conference in October, 2013.
- Robert A. Laskoff, ’70, authored a section in the book, Representing Plaintiffs in Workplace Injury Cases: Leading Lawyers on Determining Claim Credibility, Achieving Successful Resolution, and Staying Up-to-Date on Changes in the Worker’s Compensation Act (Aspatore Books, a Thomson Reuters company). The section authored by Bob Laskoff is titled, “Special Considerations and Challenges Associated with Practicing Workers’ Compensation Law in the State of Maine.”
- Philip R. Saucier, ’04, has been elected shareholder at Bernstein Shur. Saucier is a member of the firm’s Municipal and Regulatory Practice Group and the Legislative and Political Law Practice Group, and is based in the Portland, Maine office. He is chair of the Maine State Bar Association, Municipal Section.
- Ronald W. Schneider, Jr., ’96, was named co-chair of the Labor and Employment Practice Group at Bernstein Shur. Schneider’s practice consists of all aspects of employment law, including Title VII claims, the ADA, whistleblower claims, employee misconduct and theft, employment agreements, non-compete agreements, investigations, discipline, terminations and the FMLA.
- Molly Watson Shukie, ’09, has been elected partner at Linnell, Choate & Webber, LLP, in Auburn. Shukie concentrates her practice in the areas of family law and workers’ compensation, and she also serves as a guardian ad litem.
- Alyssa Tibbetts, ’09, has accepted a position working in municipal practice with Jensen Baird Gardner & Henry in Portland. Tibbetts stepped down Jan. 3 as assistant town manager for the town of Cumberland.
New job? Promotion? Honor or award? What about moves, marriages, kids and other personal milestones? If you are a Maine Law alum, we want to hear from you. Use the “Class Notes” link on the Maine Law Alumni website, or send your news and photos to Trevor Maxwell at email@example.com.