Maine Law’s international and national exchange programs offer exciting opportunities for students to expand their studies beyond our classrooms. Our agreements with universities in Iceland, Canada, France, Norway, China, and Ireland allow students to experience a semester abroad. Students who study through these exchange programs will gain a valuable international perspective and develop a foundation in international law.
We offer international exchanges with the following institutions:
- Arctic University of Norway (Tromsø, Norway)
- Cergy-Pontoise University (France)
- City University of Hong Kong (China)
- National University of Ireland (Galway)
- Reykjavik University School of Law (Iceland)
- Tsinghua University School of Law (Beijing, China)
- Universite du Maine (Le Mans, France)
- University of New Brunswick (Canada)
- University of Rennes 1 (France)
The international and national exchange programs are open to students in good academic standing who have finished the first year of law school. Students who are studying through an established exchange program earn Maine Law credit and pay tuition and fees to Maine Law. Financial aid will be adjusted for any increased expenses associated with the exchanges. For information about semester abroad programs, please contact the Associate Dean for Student Services. Additionally, students who are interested in studying abroad through an ABA accredited program or in studying at other ABA accredited institutions must consult with the Associate Dean.