MAPIL Auction - Live Auction
The Maine Association of Public Interest Law (MAPIL) holds its annual auction on Thursday, April 5, 2012. The event will be begin at 8:00am with an online auction that will continue until 3:00pm. The highest bid will be updated every half hour.
A Silent Auction will be held in the First Year Room at the University of Maine School of Law. The Silent Auction will hosted from 5:00pm to 6:30pm.
The evening will end with a Live Auction held in the Moot Court Room at the University of Maine School of Law that will begin at 6:30pm.
The proceeds of the auction will fund summer fellowships enabling law students to do important public interest legal work in the community.
Items for Live Auction
Sailboat ride in Casco Bay
- An afternoon (weekday or Sunday) sailboat ride in Casco Bay on an Ericson 38 with Neil Weinstein
- Boat can carry 4 people
- or Crew of 4 can join him for a Thursday night "beer can" race around the buoys
- No experience necessary, but appreciated
|Guitar lessons with Professor Schindler
- 1 hour guitar lesson for 1-3 students (can provide two acoustic guitars)
- No experience necessary
- May choose song to be taught
- Experienced guitar player can have a "one hour" jam session instead of lesson
|Three Rivers Rafting
- Gift certificate for two
- Raft either Kennebec or Penobscot River
Ride in the Sky
Half hour ride in 1957 SuperCub on floats from Boothbay, Maine (although accommodations for pickup at another location might be arranged). Subject to a two hundred twenty five pound passenger weight limit, age restrictions, and safety considerations at the discretion of the pilot. Pilot has 200+ hours seaplane experience, a current, valid license, and the aircraft conforms to all safety regulations.
Gardening/yard clean up
Need help getting your yard cleaned up from winter or do your gardens need to be seeded? Diana Genetti '13 will provide 3 hours of general yard work or gardening. Must be redeemed for a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Need a night out or an afternoon free? Gabrielle Pierce '14 will provide loving and fun childcare for up to 5 hours.
Need some back breaking work done around your house? Chris McCabe '12 can work for you - two hours manual labor!
|Group Sail on the Beautiful Maine Coast
- Shawn Walsh (2L) has a 23.5' Hunter sailboat off Cousins Island
- Sail near shore between Yarmouth and Portland
- Best for a group of three (max. four people)
- Cocktails on board
- Must schedule between July and September
Who let the dogs out?
A weekend of dog sitting (Friday-Sunday) by Kate Gatti '12
|Sail Away with Professors Cluchey and Zarr
- Sail away and spend some time with Professor Zarr and Cluche
- Departs Freeport area for an afternoon in the sun
- Group of 3-4 people
|Tennis Lessons with Dean Pitegoff
- Two private lessons with Dean Pitegoff
- Or USTA 4.0 or 4.5 rated players competition for the Maine Law tennis crown
- All ability levels
|BBQ and Bowling at Bayside Face Off with Northrop, Schinder and Alison Beyea
- BBQ grill out and cocktails at Tina Schneider's house here in Portland then … 4 v. 4 up to 5 students) at Bayside Bowl.
Good food, good drinks, good times
Join Chris Knott (and family), Nicole Vinal (and family) Rita Heimes (and family) and Michelene Decrow (and family) for an afternoon of great food and drink near a private beach in Scarborough on a beach-weather weekend this spring or next fall. Team up with a friend who also has kids, or get a group of dudes/dudettes together. Babysitting on site can be provided. Dietary issues can be accommodated, of course, but we are going to be eating too so expect a scrumptious feast! Event must occur before June 11th or after September 2nd. No other restrictions apply!
|Drinks & Karaoke with Professors Schindler, Owen, Wriggins and Bam
- Group of up to 10 people
- Start the night out at Prof. Schindler's house for drinks and appetizers
- Spend the rest of the evening rocking out to the sweet sounds of yours truly!
- More $ buys more solo and duet songs
Dinner conversations with soon to be grads Victoria Silver '12 and Kate Marshall '12
- how to survive law school
- advice on choosing classes
- time management stragies
Winning this item just might be the first step to you passing the bar. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to save money on a course with an extremely high pass-rate.
3 - $1000 Gift Certificates